Clashes Ongoing Between Khost Residents, Pakistani Forces

  • Date of Publication : 15/04/2018 at 11:28 GMT
Print
A
A

Clashes between Khost residents and Pakistan military personnel broke out in Zazimaidan district along the Durand Line early Sunday morning.

According to Khost’s provincial acting police chief, Abdul Hanan, the clash broke out close to the Pakistan border.

Hanan said initial reports from the area indicate two Pakistani soldiers were killed and two others were arrested.

According to him clashes are underway in Nazoghar, Jandoghar and Khawono Ghondai areas along the Durand Line.

TOLOnews journalist Abdulhaq Omeri said officials told him security forces are on the way to the area.

This comes after a barrage of missiles were fired by Pakistan into Kunar province earlier this week.

Ghani Samim, Kunar governor’s spokesman, said in a week nearly 1,500 missiles had been fired on Kunar province.

Samim said after a break of two days, shelling started up again on Monday night. Almost 400 missiles landed in Kunar province overnight, he said.

In February last year, the Ministry of Defense (MoD) warned that Pakistan’s missile attacks on the eastern regions of the country would have serious consequences, suggesting that a diplomatic solution to the issue between the two neighbors was needed.

However, Pakistani officials in the past have claimed that they targeted only terrorist groups by firing off the missiles but residents said the missiles hit their houses and the surrounding forests.

Print
A
A